The Worldwide Womb Blessing happens five times per year with an ever-growing number of women (& men!) participating each time.
The Womb Blessing is an attunement and an evolving journey welcoming the energies of the Divine Feminine into our lives and allowing this sweet experience to guide us ever closer to knowing, appreciating and living our unique selves.
Whether this is your first time or whether you are a returning participant, I’ve prepared this blog to make participation easy and clear. You can participate on your own or you can invite your friends and create a circle.
Things to have beforehand:
- 2 bowls (per person), one should be water-proof and the other non-flammable
- 1 tealight (per person)
- 1 main altar candle (can also be a tealight)
- a lighter or matches (to light the candles)
- a shawl
- a small snack
- the meditations/instructions (a link to these is sent to you when you register for the blessing)
- flowers (optional)
- altar items (also optional, can be anything that is special to you or reminiscent of the season or reminiscent of divine feminine energies or all of the above)
- For the October Blessing in the northern hemisphere you will also need a doll & some white string/thread – this is optional and depends on whether you plan on doing the season’s ritual/meditation (which I recommend). This can be a simple thing you create such as a stick with ribbon tied around it or it can be a doll that you already have.
- Time blocked off (30 minutes before the blessing time, 20 minutes for the blessing itself and I like at least 30 minutes after the blessing’s end)
On the day of:
- Begin to prepare about 20-30 minutes before your chosen time. Set up the space where you will do the meditations and receive the blessing. Set up your altar if you are choosing to do this. You will set 1 bowl to the right (of the altar if you have one or to the right of where you will be sitting if you are not creating an altar) with the tealight in it. The other bowl you will place to the left and put some water in it. (see pic below for an example, this can be so simple, nothing fancy required!)
- Get comfortable on the floor on a cushion or sitting in a chair. If you are on a chair, make sure that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Read or play the audio of the pre-blessing meditation & visualizations (there are two: the ‘Stirring the Waters’ and ‘Womb Tree’)
- At your chosen time, prepare yourself to receive the blessing. Set a timer if you wish for 20 minutes. Use your shawl to cover yourself or your head to create a bit of a sanctuary. Get comfortable either sitting or lying down.
- Receive for 20 minutes and delight in the energy.
- You can end here and drink the water in your womb bowl and have a snack to ground yourself. Thank the Goddess for her blessing
You can participate in the post-Blessing meditation and the season’s ritual:
- Come back, stretch a bit and get comfortably seated.
- Read the post-blessing meditations (these are the ‘Ray of Light’, ‘Sharing our Sisters’ and ‘Honouring our Ancestors’ meditation for Oct)
- Drink the water in your womb bowl, and eat your snack to ground yourself. Thank the Goddess for her blessing.
As an Advanced Moon Mother, I am privileged to participate in the Worldwide Womb Blessings by sending energy with my sisters, and by answering any questions you might have. Please feel free to connect with me.
I encourage you to participate each time and to share with your friends. It is all too easy for the day-to-day grind to wear us down and each Womb Blessing is a chance for renewal and rejuvenation. The experience is unique each time and always what we need.